Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thing #19: Web 2.0 Awards

I checked out several award winners. I think I could use and enjoy Yelp (Best in City Guides & Reviews). It seems like a good place to get insider information on different locations - where to eat, where to shop, where to catch the best live music. Unfortunately, it will only work for major cities. And it is subject to shills disguised as regular users (I know there is a cool term for this but I can't remember it). Again, if enough people commit to it, the wisdom of the crowd will prevail. But there are lots of services out there like this one - what makes this the one that will stand the test of time?

Honorable Mention: I loved Guess the Google! That is too much fun. So random and addictive.

1 comment:

sewinglady said...

Viva Velma
What a great name for your blog. Do you have the same spirit. I have three girls and tried to instill this spirit into them. Did not do to badly for a mother who does not have this type of spirit.
I also wondered if the awards will stand the time. Gues we can look for 2008 and see the differences.