Monday, April 21, 2008

Thing #14 is Technorati

My first reaction is that it seems like a whole lot of noise being made by just a handful of people. The top result for the Learning 2.0 search in the Blogs section has 102 fans. The second top blog has 12 fans. Hardly a large slice of the blogosphere. It strikes me as a cliquey club that those "in the know" probably obsess over. I thought at first that this site might use some kind of popularity indicator like Google uses PageRank. But it looks like you only get considered on Technorati if you add their html code to EACH POST. Is it me, or does that seem like a lot of bother just to stroke my own ego? Or maybe it leads to more readers. I don't know. I guess I will have to try it on my own blogs. At least delicious seems to be more democratic and a more accurate reflection of what people are reading and caring about on the blogosphere.

No comments: