Sunday, April 6, 2008

Library Thing

As is evident from my Sidebar, I have created a LibraryThing account. I am using it to keep a running list of the books I read in 2007 and am reading in 2008. It was very easy to set up. I like the display of information. It is very intuitive and visually interesting. Easy access to similar title recommendations has great reader's advisory potential. I cold see spending a lot of time on this site. It is a book lover's paradise! My titles do not directly match anyone else. My kidlit and teen titles match other teen librarians. But the adult stuff I read is all over the map.

2 comments:

dlheyson said...

I love how you put the books you've read on your sidebar! A side note, I, too, am a Velma fan.
Jinkies!

Kelly O said...

It looks cool! Kind of like Goodreads.com, but maybe more for professional book people?