Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thing #21: Podcasts

I played around with podcast.com and found a series of lectures on autism from the UC Davis MIND (Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders) Institute. I think this is just a great tool for researchers who can't afford to go to conferences. I hope that more colleges do this kind of thing. It could enhance education and expose people to lots of ideas.

Frustrating note: I had no problem viewing a lecture from my office computer. But now, as I sit at the Reference Desk, I am running into all sorts of difficulties downloading and viewing. So I went to the UC Davis MIND Institute website to find the podcasts. You can find the lecture series I viewed here.



The one I watched is called:

Tony Charman, Ph.D. - "Looking for Subgroups Amongst Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders"

No comments: